Plot & Details
Both as a member of the Beatles and as a solo artist, George Harrison was one of the best loved and most influential musicians of his generation, and when he died November 29, 2001, after a long battle with cancer, it was a tremendous blow to the many great artists who were his friends and collaborators. A year to the day after his passing, a handful of pop music royalty who had known and worked with Harrison staged a special concert at London's Royal Albert Hall to play his music and honor his art and memory. Concert for George is a documentary which presents highlights from the Harrison memorial concert, featuring performances by Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Tom Petty and the Heartberakers, Jeff Lynne, Billy Preston, Jools Holland, Sam Brown, and Joe Brown. A portion of the profits from the film's release will be donated to The Material World Foundation, a charitable organization founded by Harrison.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/03/2003
- DVD Release Date: 11/18/2003
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): David Leland
- Starring: Joe Brown , Eric Clapton , Jools Holland , Sam Brown , Jeff Lynne
- Tone: Poignant,Stirring,Bittersweet,Elegiac,Warm,Nostalgic
- Keywords: celebration,highlights,memorial,rock-music,singer,tribute-concert
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-03-2003),UK (10-10-2003)
- Language: English