Plot & Details
A Manhattan shopaholic (Isla Fisher) whose buying sprees have buried her in immense debt lands a columnist gig dishing out financial advice in this Touchstone comedy based on Sophie Kinsella's series of books. P.J. Hogan (My Best Friend's Wedding) directs, with producing duties being handled by Jerry Bruckheimer. Rebecca Bloomwood (Fisher) can't seem to break her habit for making impulsive purchases, and while she's always decked out in the latest styles, her credit card bills are as thick as a telephone book. If Rebecca could somehow manage to land her dream job at a high-profile fashion magazine, perhaps she could transform what is now a simple addiction into something that could really benefit her professionally. When Rebecca becomes an advice columnist at a financial magazine published by the same company as her favorite fashion magazine, her fresh approach strikes a chord with readers and she quickly becomes the toast of the town. Meanwhile, her bank account is still bone dry, wreaking havoc on her love life and placing her career in jeopardy. As Rebecca teeters on the brink of bankruptcy, she gradually begins to reassess her priorities in life. Joan Cusack, John Goodman, Hugh Dancy, and Krysten Ritter co-star in the Touchstone Pictures production.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 112min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/13/2009
- DVD Release Date: 06/23/2009
- Distributor(s): Walt Disney Pictures
- Director(s): P.J. Hogan
- Starring: Isla Fisher , Hugh Dancy , Joan Cusack , John Goodman , John Lithgow
- Themes: Ladder to the Top,Twentysomething Life,Big Break
- Tone: Bright,Light,Silly,Upbeat
- Keywords: boss [employer],columnist,compulsion,fashion-industry,magazine,shopping,advice,celebrity,credit,debt,shopping-spree
- Country of Origin: USA (02-13-2009)
- Language: English