Plot & Details
British actress/director Sara Sugarman makes her U.S. feature debut with the Disney-produced comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, based on the young-adult novel by Dyan Sheldon and adapted for the screen by Gail Parent. The story concerns a popular urban teenager named Mary Elizabeth Cep (Lindsay Lohan), who is convinced her real name is Lola. Unfortunately, her family moves from fashionable New York City to a small suburb in New Jersey. Disturbed by her environment, Lola is quick to wage war against the popular Carla Santini (Megan Fox). She's also pursued by high school hunk Stu Wolff (Adam Garcia), but chooses to focus her attention on winning back her title of Most Popular Girl in School. With the help of a frumpy drama teacher (Carol Kane) and shy new friend Ella (Alison Pill), Lola creates a dramatic performance to earn her coveted high status.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/20/2004
- DVD Release Date: 07/20/2004
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Sara Sugarman
- Starring: Lindsay Lohan , Megan Fox , Adam Garcia , Glenne Headly , Alison Pill
- Themes: Single Parents,New Kid in Town,Cliques,Mothers and Daughters,Fish Out of Water,High School Life
- Tone: Bright,Light,Merry
- Keywords: actor,high-school,musical [play],new-kid-in-town,popularity,suburbs
- Country of Origin: USA (02-20-2004)
- Language: English