Plot & Details
Convinced that her brother is innocent, Betty Anne puts herself through high school, college and, finally, law school in an 18 year quest to free Kenny. With the help of best friend Abra Rice (Academy Award nominee Minnie Driver), Betty Anne pores through suspicious evidence mounted by small town cop Nancy Taylor (Academy Award nominee Melissa Leo), meticulously retracing the steps that led to Kenny's arrest. Belief in her brother -- and her quest for the truth -- pushes Betty Anne and her team to uncover the facts and utilize DNA evidence with the hope of exonerating Kenny.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/15/2010
- DVD Release Date: 02/01/2011
- Distributor(s): Fox Searchlight
- Director(s): Tony Goldwyn
- Starring: Hilary Swank , Sam Rockwell , Minnie Driver , Loren Dean , Melissa Leo
- Themes: Lawyers,Sibling Relationships,Fighting the System,Miscarriage of Justice,Obsessive Quests,Clearing One's Name
- Tone: Earnest,Tearjerking,Inspiring
- Keywords: brother, conviction, court [law], innocence, lawyer, sister
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-15-2010)
- Language: English