Plot & Details
The CB (citizen's band) radio fad had nearly run its course when this feel-good action film was made by director Sam Peckinpah. In the story, based on C.W. McCall's song "Convoy", a group of struggling truckers (who stay in touch by CB) run into a situation which ignites their indignation. They arrange to form a truck convoy under the leadership of the man whose CB nickname is "Rubber Duck" (Kris Kristofferson). He is the most aggrieved of the bunch, having been harassed beyond the point of endurance by Lyle Wallace (Ernest Borgnine) a blackmailing traffic cop who pursues him ever more frantically through several states after he fails to submit to the phony speed trap he had set up. As news of the truck convoy spreads, unexpected allies join the line, and the now-gigantic illegal protest becomes the subject of national news reports.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 106min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/19/2003
- Distributor(s): Cheezy Flicks
- Director(s): Sam Peckinpah
- Starring: Kris Kristofferson , Ali MacGraw , Ernest Borgnine , Burt Young , Madge Sinclair
- Themes: Fighting the System,Police Corruption
- Keywords: brutality, chase, gas, truckdriver, accident, car, corruption, gasoline, lawman, on-the-road, police, police-brutality, protester, union-dispute