Plot & Details
Elevating Criminal Court above the B-picture norm is the inventive direction by Robert Wise and the better-than-usual performances by all concerned. In a break from his heroic "Falcon" role, Tom Conway stars as Steve Barnes, a criminal attorney known for his unorthodox courtroom tactics. After accidentally killing a crooked nightclub owner, Barnes is stuck on the horns of a dilemma when his sweetheart, cabaret singer Georgia Gale (Martha O'Driscoll), is arrested for the crime The problem: How can Barnes clear Georgia of the murder without implicating himself? As for the solution...well, best not to reveal that here. All that keeps Criminal Court from A-picture status is its 62 minute running time; on the other hand, the film's impact might have been blunted had it been any longer.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 63min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/28/2003
- Distributor(s): RKO Radio Pictures
- Director(s): Robert Wise
- Starring: Tom Conway , Martha Driscoll , June Clayworth , Robert Armstrong , Addison Richards
- Themes: Lawyers,Miscarriage of Justice
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: killing, District-Attorney, defense-attorney, false-accusation, murder, name-clearing