Plot & Details
Martin Short and Annette O'Toole star in this comedy documenting a date from hell. Short is David, a sunglasses salesman, who makes a date with Kathy (Annette O'Toole) in order to celebrate his new promotion. David and Kathy have gone out a few times before, but they both think that this is the date that will put both of them over the top, convinced that they have finally found the right person. With anxiety in their hearts, they both prepare anxiously for the date. But there is trouble on the horizon. Before heading out on the date, David discovers that instead of getting a promotion, he has been fired. Afraid that Kathy will think that he is loser, he doesn't tell her that he lost his job. He has also borrowed the car and the apartment of his friend Bruce (Paul Reiser) for the date, permitting her to think that they all belong to him. But Kathy hasn't been entirely truthful to David either. For example, she has conveniently forgotten to tell him about the existence of her seven-year-old daughter.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/13/1987
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Armyan Bernstein
- Starring: Martin Short , Annette O'Toole , Paul Reiser , Joanna Kerns , Jessica Puscas
- Themes: Fired or Laid-Off,Date from Hell,Keeping a Secret
- Tone: Gentle,Sexy,Warm,Witty
- Keywords: dating, friendship, romance, secrets, committed-relationship, love
- Country of Origin: USA (11-13-1987)
- Language: English