Plot & Details
Filmmaker David Leland handled the directing chores on this British drama that stars Liam Neeson as an unemployed Scotsman whose inability to find a job threatens his family's wellbeing. Against his better judgement, Neeson is coerced into a bare-knuckle boxing match. Crossing the Line's supporting cast includes Hugh Grant, Joanne Whaley-Kilmer, Cameron Mitchell, and Billy Connolly. Adapted from a novel by William McIvanney, the film has also been released under the title The Big Man.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/05/1991
- DVD Release Date: 03/18/2003
- Distributor(s): Kino International (USA), Miramax
- Director(s): David Leland
- Starring: Liam Neeson , Joanne Whalley , Ian Bannen , Billy Connolly , Maurice Roeves
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Boxers
- Tone: Angry,Bleak,Drab,Gritty,Matter-of-Fact,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: Britain, boxing, depression, hopelessness, mine, unemployment
- Country of Origin: USA (08-09-1991)
- Language: English