Plot & Details
Everybody's favorite underdog youth hockey team hits the ice for a third adventure in D3: The Mighty Ducks. This time out, the Ducks' improbable success under lawyer-turned-hockey player Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez) has earned the group of misfits a certain degree of fame, and the entire team is given scholarships to attend Eden Hall Academy, an upscale private school with a rich and snobbish student body. The Ducks are dismayed to discover that they have a new coach, Ted Orion (Jeffrey Nordling), and they soon learn that, as freshmen, they get precious little respect from the Varsity team, and the team's melting-pot lineup makes them stick out like a sore thumb in the white, upper-class surroundings of Eden Hall. However, by the film's final reel, the Ducks will have taught their fellow classmates a lesson about teamwork and overcoming adversity. This proved to be the last film in the Mighty Ducks series, but it was followed by an animated television series that improbably turned the team into hockey stars from another dimension.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/04/1996
- DVD Release Date: 09/03/2002
- Director(s): Robert H. Lieberman
- Starring: Emilio Estevez , Jeffrey Nordling , Joshua Jackson , David Selby , Heidi Kling
- Themes: Underdogs,Boarding School Life,Class Differences,Hockey Players
- Tone: Earnest,Heartwarming,Humorous,Light,Upbeat
- Keywords: academy,hockey,private-school,scholarship,sports,teenagers,underdog
- Language: English