Plot & Details
As indicated by its title, this made-for-TV weeper was inspired by one of author Danielle Steel's innumerable best-sellers. The beautiful and talented Adrian (Polly Draper) is a writer for one of America's most popular TV soap operas. She is also pregnant, and when she refuses to abort her baby, Adrian's selfish husband (Kevin Kilner) deserts her. It falls to one of the soap opera's producers, the recently divorced Bill (John Ritter), to convince Adrian to give romance a second chance -- and, incidentally, to give her baby a new last name. Described at the time of its release as "a yuppie love story," Danielle Steel's 'Heartbeat' was originally telecast by NBC on February 3, 1993.
- Genre(s): Romance
- Run Time: 91min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/20/2005
- Director(s): Michael Miller
- Themes: Infidelity,Love Triangles
- Tone: Bittersweet,Passionate,Stirring
- Keywords: co-worker, divorce, extramarital-affair, friendship, love-triangle, pregnancy, producer [showbiz], soap-opera
- Language: English