Plot & Details
An aging couple find the happiness of their daughter's wedding offset by the emotional distress of losing their beloved dog in this comedy-drama from director Lawrence Kasdan. Beth (Diane Keaton) and her daughter Grace (Elizabeth Moss) are driving down a Denver freeway on a chilly winter day when Beth rescues a lost dog on the side of the road. Naming her new companion "Freeway," Beth forges a strong bond with her new pet while growing increasing frustrated with her husband Joseph (Kevin Kline) -- a self-centered doctor who shows more concern for his patients than he does for his own children. But shortly after Grace's wedding in the Rockies, Freeway runs off during a walk with Joseph. Furious at Joseph and devastated at the loss of losing her loyal pet, Beth recruits remaining wedding guests Penny (Dianne Wiest), Russell (Richard Jenkins), and Bryan (Mark Duplass) -- and enigmatic stranger Carmen (Ayelet Zurer) to help bring Freeway home safely. Along the way, Beth finds her crumbling marriage to Joseph put to the ultimate test.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/20/2012
- DVD Release Date: 08/28/2012
- Distributor(s): Sony Pictures Classics
- Director(s): Lawrence Kasdan
- Starring: Kevin Kline , Diane Keaton , Richard Jenkins , Zack Phifer , Elisabeth Moss
- Themes: Nightmare Vacations,Man's Best Friend,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Bittersweet,Gentle,Heartwarming
- Keywords: dog,husband-and-wife,marriage-problems,vacation
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-20-2012)
- Language: English