Plot & Details
In this independent comedy, David Searching (Anthony Rapp) is a would-be documentary filmmaker trying to get a project off the ground. In the meantime, David (who is gay) is looking for love, willing to settle for sex, and searching for some sort of answers in life. He shares his apartment with his good friend Gwen (Camryn Manheim), who doesn't see any reason why her weight problem should prevent her from attracting good-looking men. David and Gwen both go through a number of blind dates and chance meetings as they hope to find the man of their dreams, while David, looking at the world through his video camera, tries to deal with the complexities of funding his latest project and the labyrinth that is PBS. Playwrights John Cameron Mitchell and David Drake appear in supporting roles.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/03/1998
- DVD Release Date: 05/10/2005
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Leslie L. Smith
- Keywords: angst, divorce, filmmaker, friendship, homosexual, love, man, romance, roommate, sexual-orientation, woman
- Country of Origin: USA (07-03-1998)