Plot & Details
The financial and personal dealings of high finance set the stage for this drama. The London branch of Whitney Paine, a major American investment bank, is in the midst of a crisis; after the loss of $100 million, one of their leading traders, Tony Eisner (Simon Slater) commits suicide by putting a slug through his head while seated at his place in the board room. Despite the high stakes, many of the firm's staff are eager to step into Tony's now-vacated shoes and get credit for saving the company. Daniel Pascoe (Paul McGann), the leading trader at the firm, is convinced that he's first in line for the assignment, but the firm imports a new trader from America, Anna Schuman (Rebecca DeMornay). Daniel is enraged and makes a point of trying to dig up as much dirt on Anna as he can (which, given her extra-curricular activities with dealers from other firms, is a considerable amount), but the longer Daniel and Anna work together, the more he finds himself attracted to her.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/03/1989
- DVD Release Date: 06/29/1999
- Distributor(s): Rank Organisation
- Director(s): Colin Bucksey
- Starring: Paul McGann , Rebecca De Mornay , Derrick O'Connor , John Castle , Paul Guilfoyle
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Office Politics
- Keywords: bank, love, rival, romance, stocks, business, competition
- Country of Origin: USA (11-03-1989)
- Language: English