Plot & Details
Shortly after his best friend, Dr. Andrew Bagby, was slain by jealous ex-girlfriend Dr. Shirley Turner, filmmaker Kurt Kuenne was shocked to learn that Turner was pregnant with Bagby's unborn child. Hoping to create a film that would serve as both a memorial to Bagby and an introduction to the father the boy would never know, Kuenne quickly began production on a film celebrating the life of his late friend. Traveling across the entire continental United States, Kuenne made it his personal mission to interview everyone who had ever known his best friend so their memories would be captured on camera before they faded. Meanwhile, upon learning that Turner had fled to Newfoundland, Bagby's devastated parents uprooted their entire lives and relocated to the easternmost providence of Canada in order to fight for the future of their newborn grandson, Zachary. During the production, however, the Canadian government freed Turner on bail as she awaited extradition to the United States. Unfortunately, during that crucial time, the situation took a turn for the worse -- a turn that could have been prevented had the Canadian justice system heeded all the warning signs.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/31/2008
- DVD Release Date: 02/24/2009
- Distributor(s): Oscilloscope
- Director(s): Kurt Kuenne
- Starring: David Bagby , Kathleen Bagby , Heather Arnold , Kurt Kuenne
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Death of a Child,Crimes of Passion,Death of a Friend
- Tone: Cathartic,Elegiac,Intimate,Poignant,Reflective,Stirring,Haunting
- Keywords: child,doctor,father,murder
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-31-2008)
- Language: English