Plot & Details
Charles Bronson, weary and comatose, is trotted out again as the cocked crusader Paul Kersey in Death Wish 4: The Crackdown. Director Michael Winner has jumped ship for this installment, replaced by J. Lee Thompson (who has seen better days). Kersey is back in L.A. and dating attractive reporter Karen Sheldon (Kay Lenz). Of course, the clock is ticking, and the gong goes off when Karen's daughter overdoses on crack. Before you can say "kaboom" the drug dealer, along with a large cast of bit players, are blown to bits by the single-minded vigilante. An enterprising publisher whose own daughter has died from a drug overdose hires Kersey to wipe out the city's two rival drug dealers and their legions of flunkies. Kersey has no trouble agreeing, and using the technique limned in Yojimbo, he methodically eliminates gang members, first from one side and then the other, until one gang's paranoia about the other gang causes the two competitors to engage in a major confrontation that impacts both groups.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/06/1987
- DVD Release Date: 02/03/2004
- Distributor(s): Cannon Group
- Director(s): J. Lee Thompson
- Starring: Charles Bronson , Kay Lenz , John Ryan , Perry Lopez , George Dickerson
- Themes: Vigilantes,Lone Wolves
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty
- Keywords: drug-dealer,drug-ring,killing,one-against-odds,revenge,vigilante
- Country of Origin: USA (11-06-1987)