Plot & Details
Alastair Fothergill's nature documentary Deep Blue consists of 90 minutes of footage of undersea creatures -- living, surviving, fighting, and dying. Similar to like-minded documentaries such as Winged Migration and MicroCosmos, Deep Blue features footage from locations throughout the world. The great British actor Michael Gambon provides the narration, which favors involving the viewer emotionally over providing enlightening factual information on the creatures. The 22 segments of the film conclude with footage of how man has affected life under the sea. This film was originally produced for the British television series The Blue Planet. According to the filmmakers, some of the creatures seen here have never been previously recorded on film.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/03/2005
- DVD Release Date: 04/11/2006
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Alastair Fothergill, Andy Byatt
- Starring: Michael Gambon
- Tone: Atmospheric,Sweeping,Stirring
- Keywords: sea-life, undersea, underwater-expedition
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-03-2005)
- Language: English