Plot & Details
A small-town Canadian waitress pining for the attention of the former high-school football star finds her affections returned from the least likely of places in this entry into the 2005 Vancouver Film Festival from director Vic Sarin. To say that Eve Stuckley (Marla Sokoloff) has a low self-opinion would be an understatement. Though she may not necessarily be Cosmo material, the lovelorn waitress with dreams of being accepted to a New York City art school and a slight case of body dysmorphic disorder just can't seem to catch the eye of town hunk Jeff Sweeney (Barry Watson) -- even though Jeff is best friends with Eve's older brother, Chuck (Jonathan Cherry). When mysterious beauty Linda (Monika Schnarre) breezes into town on business, heads immediately turn and she is soon fending off the advances of both Jeff and Chuck. Despite the attentions lavished on her by the handsome duo, Linda is instead attracted to a lonely waitress whose true beauty has gone sadly unrecognized.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 102min.
- Distributor(s): Equinoxe Films
- Director(s): Victor Sarin
- Starring: Marla Sokoloff , Jennifer Tilly , Monika Schnarre
- Themes: Love Triangles,Women's Friendship,Small-Town Life
- Tone: Easygoing,Quirky,Upbeat,Warm
- Keywords: waiter/waitress, friendship, stranger, waiter
- Language: English