Plot & Details
Spoiled Children (Des enfants gates) finds director Bertrand Tavernier tempering his New Wave impulses with an overwhelming desire to entertain a mass audience. The "children" of the title are actually artistically inclined grown-ups. Filmmaker Bernard (Michel Piccoli), who is suffering a creative block, enters into an affair with the much-younger Anne (Christine Pascal). Meanwhile, Bernard's idealistic neighbors go head-to-head with their more pragmatic (and crueler) landlord. While a very personal film, Spoiled Children is broad enough in its appeal to reach even those who've never attempted anything of an artistic nature. Actress Christine Pascal co-wrote the script with director Tavernier, reportedly drawing on their own relationship.
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 113min.
- Director(s): Bertrand Tavernier
- Starring: Michel Piccoli , Christine Pascal , Michel Aumont , Gérard Jugnot , Arlette Bonnard
- Themes: Age Disparity Romance,Creative Block
- Tone: Reflective,Talky,Understated
- Keywords: apartment, creative-block, director, landlord, neighbor, relationship