Plot & Details
'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel' is an intimate portrait and a vibrant celebration of one of the most influential women of the 20th century, an enduring icon whose influence changed the face of fashion, beauty, art, publishing and culture forever. During her fifty year reign as the "Empress of Fashion," she launched Twiggy, advised Jackie O and coined some of fashion's most eloquent proverbs such as "the bikini is the biggest thing since the atom bomb." She was the fashion editor of Harper's Bazaar where she worked for 25 years before becoming editor-in-chief of Vogue followed by a remarkable stint at the Met's Costume Institute where she helped popularize its historical collections.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/21/2012
- DVD Release Date: 02/12/2013
- Distributor(s): Samuel Goldwyn Films, Gloss Studio
- Director(s): Lisa Immordino Vreeland
- Starring: Diana Vreeland , Tim Vreeland , Frecky Vreeland , Olivia Vreeland , Ingrid Sischy
- Themes: Life in the Arts,Hotshots
- Tone: Reverent
- Keywords: career, editor, fashion, magazine
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-21-2012)
- Language: English