Plot & Details
Playwright, performer, and drag queen Charles Busch appears in the leading role as aging pop star Angela Arden in the darkly comic melodrama Die Mommie Die. Based on Busch's own play, this film marks the directorial debut of Mark Rucker. In 1967, Angela's career has hit bottom and she's trapped in a loveless marriage to film producer Sol Sussman (Philip Baker Hall). She gets involved in an affair with unemployed TV actor Tony Parker (Jason Priestley). After Sol suddenly dies, Angela's daughter Edith (Natasha Lyonne) plots a conspiracy of revenge and enlists the help of her brother, Lance (Stark Sands). Also featuring Nora Dunn and Frances Conroy. Busch has previously appeared in drag for the film adaptation of his play Psycho Beach Party in 2000. Die Mommie Die premiered at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/31/2003
- DVD Release Date: 06/29/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Mark Rucker
- Starring: Charles Busch , Natasha Lyonne , Jason Priestley , Frances Conroy , Philip Baker Hall
- Themes: Eccentric Families,Mothers and Daughters,Out For Revenge,All Washed Up
- Tone: Bright,Irreverent,Light,Racy,Satirical,Stylized,Campy
- Keywords: daughter,drag-queen,extramarital-affair,film-producer,mother,revenge,soap-opera
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-31-2003)
- Language: English