Plot & Details
While some children spend their summer vacation playing ball or going to the beach, seven kids use their free time to help save the world in this feature-length animated adventure adapted from the popular television series. While attending summer camp, a group of kids playing with computers are transported into a digital universe, where they make friends with the Digital Monsters, or Digimon, creatures of the electronic world who can transform themselves into more advanced beings at will. However, while the children have been befriended by good Digimon, there are also evil Digimon, and a ruthless Internet Digimon is ravenously swallowing up communications data from around the world. The Internet Digimon has the potential to take over worldwide communications -- including military weapons-launch technology -- if the good Digimon and their human friends cannot stop its schemes. Digimon: The Movie was adapted from two shorter Japanese films using the Digimon characters, and was prepared for U.S. release by the same team who Americanized the original Japanese anime series Dejimon Adobencha.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Family
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/06/2000
- DVD Release Date: 02/06/2001
- Distributor(s): Fox
- Director(s): Mamoru Hosoda, Shigeyasu Yamauchi
- Starring: Lara Jill Miller , Joshua Seth , Colleen O'Shaughnessy
- Themes: Virtual Reality,Summer Camp,Heroic Mission,Toys Come to Life,Magically Transported
- Tone: Rousing,Stylized,Flashy
- Keywords: computers, digital-technology, summer-camp, weapons
- Country of Origin: USA (10-06-2000)
- Language: English,Japanese