Plot & Details
Regarded by many as Dino Risi's finest film, The Easy Life (Il Sorpasso) casts Vittorio Gassman as Bruno, a jaded, aging roue, who introduces young Roberto Mariani Jean-Louis Trintignant to his hedonistic lifestyle.. Previously a man with a purpose in life, Roberto soon becomes as wanton and wastrelly as Bruno. The older man is proud of his handiwork--until tragedy strikes. Risi sagaciously sets his moral fable against the beauties of the Riviera; we may not approve of Bruno's lifestyle, but we certainly understand why it appeals to him. Among the screenwriters of The Easy Life was Ettora Scola, a frequent Dino Risi and Vittorio de Sica collaborator and an excellent director in his own right.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 116min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/22/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Dino Risi
- Starring: Vittorio Gassman , Jean-Louis Trintignant , Catherine Spaak , Luciana Angiolillo , Linda Sini
- Tone: Cynical,Satirical,Wry
- Keywords: car-crash, hedonism, mentor, mores, race [competition]
- Country of Origin: Italy (12-05-1962)
- Language: Italian