Plot & Details
Another entry in the vast nature-amok horror subgenre of the late '70s, this murky low-budget woofer stars David McCallum as a pontificating college prof who begins to suspect something is amiss when the canine populace of a small college burg begin leaping at their owners' throats with wild abandon. As the professor spouts scientific double-talk in an effort to provide exposition, the locals spout copious amounts of blood, thus sparing audiences their abysmal attempts at acting. Finally, McCallum and his lady friend work up enough sense to pack up and leave before they get snarfed up by marauding packs of feral pups -- ranging from the fierce-looking (Dobermans and German Shepherds) to the downright silly (Poodles and Pekingese). The "surprise" final shot will probably provoke more groans than gasps. Released to theaters as Slaughter.
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 91min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/25/2006
- Director(s): Burt Brinckerhoff
- Starring: David McCallum , George Wyner , Linda Gray , Eric Server , Sandra McCabe
- Themes: When Animals Attack
- Tone: Disturbing,Tense
- Keywords: Black [race], budget, dog, town, violence, animal, bloodshed