Plot & Details
The talented teenage son of outback farmers, Ralph dreams of becoming an American country music star. When his supportive, hard working parents hand him tickets to Nashville, he is elated and eager to embark upon the highway to stardom, but before he can, the callow Ralph must learn a few life lessons on the road to Sydney. Paying tribute to country music, this sprightly comedy follows the his adventures after he is picked up by charming crook Boyd and his moll, a stunning red head who can sing as well as her namesake Patsy Cline. Ralph's education begins after the police stop Boyd, who is carrying illegal drugs and driving a stolen Jaguar. During the struggle, Patsy escapes and Ralph ends up accused of possessing the drugs and stealing the car. Both he and Boyd end up in a local hoosegow. While in jail, Ralph is befriend by the three musically inclined Brothers Grimm. A young cop also becomes a fan of Ralph's and plays a key role in the young man's musical career in Tennessee's Music City.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/03/2006
- DVD Release Date: 11/27/2007
- Distributor(s): Oilrag Productions
- Director(s): Chris Kennedy
- Starring: Richard Roxburgh , Miranda Otto , Matt Day , Tony Barry , Kiri Paramore
- Themes: Ladder to the Top,Nothing Goes Right,Miscarriage of Justice,Musician's Life
- Tone: Easygoing,Merry,Upbeat,Wry,Earthy
- Keywords: country-music, drugs, moll, police-officer, prison, singer, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (03-19-1999)