Plot & Details
This psychological thriller from screenwriter Patrick Smith Kelly reunites him with his A Perfect Murder (1998) star Michael Douglas. Dr. Nathan Conrad (Douglas) is a respected adolescent therapist faced with a nightmarish scenario when his young daughter (Skye McCole Bartusiak) is snatched by Koster (Sean Bean), a criminal with a talent for high-tech surveillance. Conrad learns that the kidnapper is desperate for a critical piece of information known only to Elisabeth Burrows (Brittany Murphy), one of his catatonic pro bono patients. While his wife Aggie (Famke Janssen) remains at home, bedridden due to a broken leg, Conrad races to unlock the secret stored in Elisabeth's fractured mind, while a New York City detective (Jennifer Esposito) inches closer to discovering the Conrads' dilemma. Don't Say a Word co-stars Oliver Platt and Guy Torry and is directed by Gary Fleder, who follows up his suspense smash Kiss the Girls (1997).
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Horror
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/28/2001
- DVD Release Date: 02/19/2002
- Distributor(s): Fox
- Director(s): Gary Fleder
- Starring: Michael Douglas , Sean Bean , Brittany Murphy , Skye McCole Bartusiak , Guy Torry
- Themes: Kidnapping,Haunted By the Past,Criminal's Revenge,Mind Games,Race Against Time
- Tone: Gritty,Frantic,Menacing,Paranoid,Tense
- Keywords: criminal,daughter,kidnapping,mental-patient,mystery [enigma],psychology,therapist
- Country of Origin: USA (09-28-2001)
- Language: English