Plot & Details
Set in San Francisco, this romantic comedy centers on the relationships between an aspiring actress and a blue-eyed handsome fellow who meets all her stringent requirements for being the "Perfect Boyfriend." Actress Frankie has spent much of her young-adult life living in an apartment of Uncle Leo's Café. She works there as a waitress along with Rob, her cousin. There they usually hang out with their friends, slacker Juice and fellow would-be star Allison. Before spying beautiful, blue-eyed David, Frankie refused to waste her time dating anyone "less than extraordinary." But the minute they meet, they begin exchanging literary quotes and from there it is love all the way, at least until Frankie learns that David has a girl friend. Adding further tension is Frankie's upcoming acting job, one that requires she move to LA.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/19/1998
- DVD Release Date: 04/08/2003
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Tiffanie DeBartolo
- Themes: Love Triangles,Actor's Life
- Tone: Humorous,Quirky
- Keywords: waiter/waitress, actor, love-triangle, waiter
- Country of Origin: USA (06-19-1998)
- Language: English