Plot & Details
A husband and wife are both tempted into infidelity, but they have more in common than they'd imagine in this comedy drama from German filmmaker Tom Tykwer. Hanna (Sophie Rois) and Simon (Sebastian Schipper) are a married couple in their early forties; she's the host of a television talk show and he's an engineer. Though Hanna and Simon get along well, the spark has clearly gone out of their relationship and both find themselves casually fantasizing about other people. When Hanna meets Adam (Devid Striesow), a handsome scientist with a background in genetics, she finds herself powerfully attracted to him, and they begin having an affair. This happens as Simon is struggling with the death of his mother and the news that he has testicular cancer. After surgery returns him to health, Simon is enjoying a swim at a public pool when he meets Adam; while Simon has never been attracted to men before, something about Adam strikes a connection within him, and before long the two are involved with one another. Adam has no idea that Hanna and Simon are married, and neither Simon nor Hanna realize that their spouse is also being unfaithful, but how long can this go on before the three parties all understand what's happening? Drei (aka Three) received its North American premiere at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/16/2011
- DVD Release Date: 02/07/2012
- Distributor(s): Strand Releasing
- Director(s): Tom Tykwer
- Starring: Sophie Rois , Sebastian Schipper , Devid Striesow , Annedore Kleist , Angela Winkler
- Themes: Infidelity,Love Triangles,Crumbling Marriages
- Keywords: cancer,extramarital-affair,marriage-problems,mother,philandering,scientist,sex,talk-show
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-16-2011)
- Language: German