After their mother escapes from Sydney to Margaret River in the 1970's, the two Kelly brothers spend their youth searching for the perfect wave. Out of necessity the family launches a backyard surf business - re-thinking board design, crafting homemade wetsuits and selling merchandise out of their van.
Battling big waves, small town conservatism and criminals, the brothers give rise to a global brand. A story of passion, corruption, friendship and loyalty, deadly addictions and fractured relationships, 'Drift' tells a tale of courage and the will to survive at all odds.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/02/2013
- DVD Release Date: 09/17/2013
- Distributor(s): Lionsgate Films
Lesley Ann Brandt
- Themes: Going Straight,Sibling Relationships,Surfing
- Tone: Inspiring
Australia, brother, business, criminal, surfing
- Country of Origin: Australia (05-02-2013),USA - Limited (08-02-2013)
- Language: English