Plot & Details
Directed by Joel Schumacher, Dying Young was adapted from a novel by Marti Leimbach. When Victor Geddes (Campbell Scott) discovers that he is suffering from leukemia, his wealthy family hires pretty, young Hillary O'Neil (Julia Roberts) to help nurse him through his chemotherapy treatment. As the two struggle through the debilitating effects of Victor's treatment, they fall in love and attempt to make the most of their time together. Campbell Scott's real mother, the late Colleen Dewhurst, plays his "reel" mother in the film.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 111min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/21/1991
- DVD Release Date: 02/03/2004
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Joel Schumacher
- Starring: Julia Roberts , Campbell Scott , Vincent D'Onofrio , Colleen Dewhurst , David Selby
- Themes: Dying Young,Opposites Attract,Battling Illness,Class Differences
- Tone: Atmospheric,Understated,Talky,Autumnal,Sentimental,Bittersweet
- Keywords: doctor/nurse, leukemia, patient [medical], romance, forbidden-love, love, tragic-love
- Country of Origin: USA (06-21-1991)