Plot & Details
Eugene Martin wrote and directed this teen drama set in suburban Philadelphia as the school year ends. Rumor escalates a harmless prank on suburban high-schoolers Cherie (Heather Gottlieb) and Suzie (Michelle Seabreeze) into something labeled "almost rape," pitting suburban teens against urban youths. As tensions rise, the film explores "Edge City" dwellers, including romantic couple James (Charlie Hofheimer) and Allison (Jill Horner); James' brother Bobby (Ryan Carmony); petty thief Robert (Todd Berry); and wild Tony (Christopher Kadish), who veers into violence, stirring up emotions for a "rumble," as cameras capture single-parent situations and unhappy home lives. Grainy video and hand-held Super 16mm footage were transferred to 35mm. Alternative rock punctuates the film's original music score by Mario Grigorov. Shown at the 1998 San Francisco Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/01/1999
- DVD Release Date: 05/27/2003
- Distributor(s): No Studio
- Director(s): Eugene Martin
- Starring: Charlie Hofheimer , Heather Gottlieb , Isidra Vega , Ryan Carmony , Todd Berry
- Themes: Class Differences,High School Life
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: prank, rampage, sex, teenagers
- Language: English