Plot & Details
An unusually morbid film from producer Samuel Goldwyn, Edge of Doom stars Farley Granger as a sensitive young man trapped in an impoverished slum existence. Granger becomes unhinged when his beloved mother dies, and when an unfeeling elderly priest refuses to provide the woman with a lavish funeral, Granger savagely kills the priest. The boy's subsequent moody behavior is chalked down to grief over his mother, but a younger and more compassionate priest (Dana Andrews) suspects something is amiss. In as gentle a fashion as possible, the priest persuades Granger to confess to the crime and seek divine forgiveness. Joan Evans, a Goldwyn contractee for whom "big things" were predicted, plays the totally forgettable love interest for the tortured Granger.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/26/2004
- Director(s): Mark Robson
- Starring: Dana Andrews , Farley Granger , Joan Evans , Robert Keith , Mala Powers
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Redemption,Crisis of Conscience
- Tone: Cathartic,Earnest,Ominous,Somber,Tense
- Keywords: Catholicism, Christianity, boy, business, church, conflict, criminal, crucifix, crush, desperation, detective, elderly, forgiveness, funeral, grief, identification, investigator, killing, man, mother, neighbor
- Language: English