Plot & Details
A troubled teen on the verge of manhood if forced to fend for himself when, on his 18th birthday, he is estranged from his family and effectively rendered homeless in a soul-searching drama starring Alan Cumming, Ian McKellen, and Brendan Fletcher. Alone on the streets and uncertain what to do with his life, Pip Andrews seeks the guidance of a kindly local priest by day while listening to a tape made by his grandfather Jason (McKellen) at night. Compelled by the tense tales of being trapped behind enemy lines in the heat of battle, Jason finds that his experiences on the streets soon begin to mirror the experiences of his grandfather on the battlefield as his quest for redemption leads him down the uncertain but adventurous road to self-discovery.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/18/2005
- DVD Release Date: 06/27/2006
- Director(s): Richard Bell
- Starring: Paul Anthony , Clarence Sponagle , Alan Cumming , Brendan Fletcher , Ian McKellen
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Keywords: homeless, grandfather, homelessness, tape [recording], teenagers, veteran [military], war
- Language: English