Plot & Details
When a family is involved in a devastating car accident on a dark and lonely highway, the two young surviving sisters face an uncertain future in director Eduardo Mignogna's Goya-winning drama. With only each other to rely on, Aetna and Carmela travel across Uruguay as they try to salvage the remains of their family and find their place in society. Setting out from their hometown of Villa Victoria to pass through Colonia and Montevideo, the pair eventually end up in San Ignacio, where older sister Carmela falls for the charming young Andy. Her happiness turns to heartbreak, however, when Andy reveals his true sexual preference to Carmela, abruptly ending any chance for a long-term relationship. As Carmela's frustration manifests itself in an overprotective streak, the sisters begin to drift apart, leaving the once-close siblings to fend for themselves in an unforgiving world.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/21/2004
- Distributor(s): Venevision International
- Director(s): Eduardo Mignogna
- Themes: Orphans,Starting Over,Sibling Relationships,Questioning Sexuality
- Tone: Atmospheric,Melancholy,Moody,Poignant,Wistful
- Keywords: accident, death-in-family, heartbreak, lighthouse, over-protective, sister, struggle
- Language: Spanish