Plot & Details
Werner Herzog, director of such acclaimed documentaries as Grizzly Man and Little Dieter Needs to Fly, offers his unique perspective on the South Pole in this film profiling the Antarctic community of McMurdo Station. Located on Ross Island, McMurdo Station is the headquarters of the National Science Foundation. Whether offering a detailed study of the unique survival training regimen that newcomers to McMurdo are obligated to endure or pondering the majestic beauty of a landscape where the discovery of three new species in a single day is something worth truly celebrating, Herzog boldly offers viewers the opportunity to visit one of the most inaccessible and awe-inspiring landscapes on the planet.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/11/2008
- DVD Release Date: 11/18/2008
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
- Director(s): Werner Herzog
- Starring: Werner Herzog , David Ainley , Samuel S. Bowser , Regina Eisert , Kevin Emery
- Keywords: Antarctica,community,island,station
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-11-2008)
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2008||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Documentary Feature||Henry Kaiser||Nominated|
|2008||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Documentary Feature||Werner Herzog||Nominated|