Oscar (Nathaniel Brown) and his sister Linda (Paz de la Huerta of 'The Limits of Control'), separated as children when their parents were killed in a car crash, are re-united in Tokyo, where he's a small-time drug dealer and she's a stripper. One night Oscar is shot in a police raid, but true to a promise he made Linda as a child--that he would never leave her--he refuses to abandon the world of the living. His spirit hovers over the city, and we see events through his eyes. His visions grow ever more nightmarish and distorted, as past, present and future merge, allowing Noe full rein to experiment with the hallucinatory power of cinema. Non-linear, immersive, and just plain mind-bending, 'Enter the Void' is sure to be one of the most talked-about films of the year.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 137min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/24/2010
- DVD Release Date: 01/25/2011
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
Paz de la Huerta
Emily Alyn Lind
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Drug Trade,Sibling Relationships,Death in the Family
- Tone: Dreamlike,Hallucinatory,Visceral,Disturbing,Cerebral,Lurid,Sexual,Stylized,Flashy,Haunting
abortion, afterlife, conception [biology], consciousness, death, drug-dealer, journey, life-cycle, murder, nightclub, sister, soul, stripper
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-24-2010)
- Language: English