Plot & Details
In keeping with his previous film Generale Della Rovere, filmmaker Robert Rossellini pursues a wartime theme in his 145-minute "personal epic" Era Notte a Roma. The story concerns three Allied POWS, who escape from their camp and hide out in Rome. The trio is given shelter by a beautiful young woman. With something tangible to fight over, the three prisoners' national chauvinism (one is Russian, one English, one American) simmers to a boil. For reasons which remain obscure, Era Notte a Roma was never given a widespread American release.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 145min.
- Director(s): Roberto Rossellini
- Starring: Giovanna Ralli , Sergei Bondarchuk , Leo Genn , Peter Baldwin , Renato Salvatori
- Themes: Life Under Occupation,Women During Wartime
- Tone: Rousing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: POW/MIA, captive, captor, concentration-camp, enemy, escape, hidden, war
- Country of Origin: Italy (07-31-1960)
- Language: Italian