Plot & Details
The generation gap widens when a prominent industrialist father forces his ruthless corporate mentality on his hippie son. Luca feels pressure from his domineering father to follow in his footsteps. His father succeeds in shattering his youthful, idealistic nature, changing the sensitive poet into a robotic clone and preparing him to take over the family business. Dad sends the boy to a sexy female psychiatrist who brainwashes the son with sex and tempers his social acceptability through "therapy." The boy marries the doctor before succumbing to the pressures to adhere to his family's wishes.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Director(s): Roberto Faenza
- Starring: Claudine Auger , Lino Capolicchio , Gabriele Ferzetti
- Themes: Innocence Lost,Fathers and Sons,Generation Gap
- Tone: Downbeat,Poignant
- Keywords: brainwashing, family, father, generation-gap, hippie, industrialist, poet, psychiatry, seduction, sex, son
- Country of Origin: Italy (02-29-1968)