Plot & Details
Terry Winsor directs this two-fisted tale of drug, guns, and murder based on a real-life gangland killing that left three dead in the snowy Essex backcountry. The film opens with cabby neophyte Billy (Charlie Creed-Miles) getting hired by suave drug baron John Dyke (Tom Wilkinson) to shuttle around recent ex-con Jason Locke (Sean Bean). Locke is a disaster waiting to happen; half-psychotic with a volcanic temper, he kills and disfigures without a second thought. Yet he takes a shine to his young driver and soon starts including him on his nefarious errands. Meanwhile, Locke arranges for his wife Lisa (Alex Kingston of ER fame) to call in a favor from Dyke and has the kingpin procure a shipment of ecstasy. Unfortunately, the E proves to be bad, hospitalizing scores of ravers and almost killing Locke. With his street rep trashed, the sociopath vows bloody revenge on his former partner, while Dyke and his lover Lisa plot Locke's demise.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 102min.
- DVD Release Date: 06/12/2001
- Distributor(s): Pathé Films, Path? Films
- Director(s): Terry Winsor
- Starring: Sean Bean , Alex Kingston , Charlie Creed-Miles , Tom Wilkinson , Larry Lamb
- Themes: Criminal's Revenge
- Tone: Forceful,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: cab-driver,drug-dealer,drug-lord,drug-trade,drugs,ex-convict,psychopath,revenge,wife
- Language: English