As Constance (Natasha Richardson) and Nina (Toni Collette) gather at the deathbed of their mother, Ann (Vanessa Redgrave), they learn for the first time that their mother lived an entire other lifetime during one evening 50 years ago, one she kept secret all their lives. In vivid flashbacks, the young Ann (played by Claire Daines) spends one night with a man named Harris (Patrick Wilson), whom she'd remember so many years later as the love of her life. As her daughters try to face the loss of their mother and the struggle to be happy in their own lives, they piece together an idea of love, happiness, and the woman they called their mother.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 117min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/29/2007
- DVD Release Date: 09/25/2007
- Distributor(s): Focus Features
- Themes: Family Gatherings,Star-Crossed Lovers,Unrequited Love,Love Triangles,Facing Death,Mothers and Daughters,Haunted By the Past
- Tone: Nostalgic,Bittersweet,Reflective,Poignant,Sentimental
daughter, deathbed, love-affair, remembrance
- Country of Origin: USA (06-29-2007)
- Language: English