Plot & Details
Widower Frank Goode has had to make plenty of adjustments since losing his wife about a year ago, but maybe the hardest one has been maintaining his relationships with his four adult children. It would seem that Frank's wife was the glue who held the family together, and when all of the kids bug out on a planned visit home, he decides to set out on a trip around the country, dropping in on each of their lives in order to help put things right. But their relationships aren't as simple as they once seemed, and Frank's paternal intuition is telling him that his sons and daughters are hiding something from him - and if the Goodes want to become the family they once were, the truth will have to come out before Frank returns home.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/04/2009
- DVD Release Date: 02/23/2010
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Kirk Jones
- Starring: Robert De Niro , Kate Beckinsale , Drew Barrymore , Sam Rockwell , Lucien Maisel
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Fathers and Sons,Death of a Partner,Estrangement
- Tone: Humorous,Poignant,Somber
- Keywords: family,father,secrets,traveling,widow/widower
- Country of Origin: USA (zz-zz-2009),USA (12-04-2009)
- Language: English