Plot & Details
A surgery-obsessed teen struggles with her outcast status while plotting to lose her virginity and save her sister from the ravaging effects of cystic fibrosis in this genre-bending shocker from writer/director Richard bates, Jr. Pauline (Annalynne McCord) is a pretty young girl whose penchant for picking scabs has escalated into a fanatical obsession with the flesh. Recognizing this, Pauline's stern mother insists that the young girl visit the church therapist for counseling. Incensed at the prospect of being judged by a religious hypocrite, Pauline only delves deeper into her visceral fantasies while concocting an ingenious plan to impress her mother. Meanwhile, as Pauline begins devising ways to combat her younger sister's cystic fibrosis, her adolescent hormones kick into overdrive. Traci Lords and John Waters co-star.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 81min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/16/2012
- Distributor(s): Anchor Bay Films
- Director(s): Richard Bates, Jr.
- Starring: Annalynne McCord , Traci Lords , Ariel Winter , Roger Bart , Jeremy Sumpter
- Themes: Finding the Cure,Mothers and Daughters,Mental Illness,Misfits and Outsiders
- Tone: Disturbing,Grim,Ominous,Quirky,Satirical,Stylized,Gruesome
- Keywords: church, cure, disease, girl, mother, obsession, outcast, sister, surgery, therapist
- Language: English