Plot & Details
Returning to his action feature terrain after a short hiatus, Steven Seagal plays Orin Boyd, a maverick Detroit detective with an unconventional way of taking down foes. After a failed intervention in a terrorist kidnapping case that humiliates his superiors, Boyd -- who is hailed as a top-drawer investigator but frowned upon for his tactics -- is forced to do time in a tough downtown precinct. After discovering the covert drug operation performed by several corrupt cops at his new assignment, he decides to break the rules yet again. While the cops are planning a massive heroin deal with big-time gangster Latrell Walker (DMX), Boyd finds that Latrell is not who he once was, and Boyd persuades him to assist in bringing an end to the amoral police influence that helped ruin him. Exit Wounds is the second film from cinematographer-turned-director Andrzej Bartkowiak (Romeo Must Die) and also features Tom Arnold, Isaiah Washington, and Jill Hennessy.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Drama
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/16/2001
- DVD Release Date: 08/31/2001
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Andrzej Bartkowiak
- Starring: Steven Seagal , DMX , Isaiah Washington , Anthony Anderson , Michael Jai White
- Themes: Drug Trade,Fighting the System,Rogue Cops
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: anger-management,drug-dealer,drug-ring,kidnapping,police-corruption,police-detective,terrorism
- Country of Origin: USA (03-16-2001)
- Language: English