Plot & Details
A sheltered meter maid and her disturbed fellow parking enforcer discover that love can bloom even while working in a job that most folks despise in this unflinching look at modern love starring Samantha Morton and Jason Patric. Hypersensitive Claire (Morton) spends her days doling out parking tickets, and her nights caring for her ailing mother (Teri Garr). Jay (Patric) is a highly intelligent parking enforcement officer whose bitterness over squandered opportunities has grown to border on sociopathic. When this unlikely pair first begins to realize they may be headed for something more than friendship, guarded Claire tenuously dips her toes in to test the water as emotionally stunted Jay dives in headfirst. While Claire and Jay both possess a paralyzing fear of commitment, it's the hopelessly disparate way that both set about dealing with their mutual discomfort that shows just how excruciating love can truly be under the wrong circumstances.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/20/2008
- DVD Release Date: 11/17/2009
- Distributor(s): Aga Films
- Director(s): Cecilia Miniucchi
- Starring: Samantha Morton , Jason Patric , Teri Garr , Illeana Douglas , Joe Camareno
- Themes: Mothers and Daughters,Opposites Attract
- Tone: Bittersweet,Intimate,Poignant,Quirky,Ironic
- Keywords: dysfunctional, emotional-problems, fear, fear-of-commitment, invalid, meter-maid, parking-lot-attendant
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-20-2008)
- Language: English