Plot & Details
Exposed is the film in which concert violinist Rudolf Nureyev grabs his bow and "plays" the lissome body of Nastassja Kinski. This may well stand as the silliest bit of erotica in screen history, but in the context of the film it's a model of restraint. We're asked to believe that Kinski is Elizabeth Carlson, a Wisconsin girl who has come to the big city to make it as a pianist or model. We're also supposed to be convinced that Nureyev is part-time espionage agent Daniel Jelline, who is determined to bring terrorist Rivas (Harvey Keitel) to justice. Much of the film takes place in Paris, where at least the scenery is lovely. The various plotlines and characters never quite congeal. Despite the fact that director James Toback is given sole screenplay credit, the film seems more like a "committee" project. To its credit, Exposed is never dull; with that cast, how could anyone fall asleep?
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/06/2006
- Director(s): James Toback
- Starring: Nastassja Kinski , Rudolf Nureyev , Harvey Keitel , Ian McShane , Bibi Andersson
- Themes: Terrorism
- Tone: Atmospheric,Sexual,Sexy,Tense
- Keywords: gangster, killing, modeling, politician, violinist, exploitation, politics, revenge, seduction, terrorism