Plot & Details
The budget may be loftier, but Eye of the Tiger is essentially an up-to-date AIP motorcycle flick. Ex-convict Buck Mathews (Gary Busey) lives as quietly as possible in his old home town. The corrupt local sheriff (Seymour Cassel) would give anything to drive Buck out of town: thus, the sheriff looks the other way when a motorcycle gang headed by Blade (William Smith, who else?) invades the community and targets Buck for extermination. With no one else on his side, Buck turns to honest cop J.B. Deveraux (Yaphet Kotto), but he's a few days away from retirement and doesn't want to get involved. It turns out that the only "good guy" Buck can depend upon is a "bad guy": A well-connected Latino drug lord who owes Buck a favor. When the chips are down and Buck's daughter is kidnapped, Deveraux joins in the climactic offensive against the bikers--which, of course, boils down to a mano-y-mano struggle between Buck and Blade. You've seen it all before, but in this case familiarity does not breed contempt.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 90min.
- DVD Release Date: 03/22/2005
- Distributor(s): Scotti Brothers Pictures
- Director(s): Richard Sarafian
- Starring: Gary Busey , Yaphet Kotto , Seymour Cassel , Bert Remsen , William Smith
- Themes: Police Corruption,Lone Wolves,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Gritty,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: daughter, drug-lord, ex-convict, kidnapping, motorcycle-gang, sheriff
- Language: English