Plot & Details
In this violent thriller, three young men start a joke that quickly becomes more real (and more dangerous) than they'd ever anticipated. It's 1957, and three high school seniors celebrating their graduation think it would be fun to pull a prank; David (David Arquette), Tim (Jason London), and Joe (Jonah Blechman) will fake a robbery by driving up to a bank, "shooting" one of their number with a blank gun, and throwing him in the trunk before speeding away. But just as they're playing their practical joke, Florence (Mickey Rourke) and Leon (Stephen Baldwin) are pulling an actual armed robbery at the same bank. In the confusion, the boys get mixed up with the real criminals, who take the teenagers hostage. Florence, unstable and given to sadistic tendencies, subjects the boys to torture with a clear homoerotic undercurrent; eventually, Florence and Leon tell the boys they'll release them only if they pull an actual bank job. The boys grudgingly agree, but Tim ends up grabbing window teller Patty (Sheryl Lee) instead of the cash.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 88min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/06/1999
- Director(s): Paul Warner
- Starring: Mickey Rourke , Stephen Baldwin , Sheryl Lee , Jason London , David Arquette
- Themes: Bank Robbery,Kidnapping,Unlikely Criminals
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: bank,fantasy,graduation,kidnapping,prank,reality,rescue,robbery,teenagers,torture
- Language: English