A struggling Bronx musician falls for a pretty girl from Brooklyn while working to launch his career and exceed his father's expectations. Jay (Andrew Cisneros) is a gifted performer from a tough Bronx neighborhood. He's performing on the streets when he meets Alessandra (Jenna Dewan), a Brooklyn muse who encourages him to pursue his dreams at all costs. But in the eyes of Jay's angry, resentful father, the young musician will never get out from under the shadow of his older brother, a Marine who has recently returned home from active duty. Trapped in a vicious self-destructive cycle of violence and anger, Jay must summon the courage to stand up to his enemies, and take those first uncertain steps toward the life he's always wanted.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/29/2010
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Themes: Big Break,Inner City Blues,Musician's Life,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Tone: Reflective,Compassionate,Earnest,Gritty
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (01-29-2010)
- Language: English