Plot & Details
A mother and daughter attempt to conquer Las Vegas in this domestic drama co-directed by Brian J. De Palma and Russ Brandt. Emily (Brittany Murphy) and Reese Nicholson (Karen Allen) moved to Las Vegas with the intention of fulfilling Reese's dream of becoming a singer. However, their financial obligations force Reese into becoming involved in the dark underbelly of Sin City. Further complicating matters is Reese's alcoholism, which frequently forces Emily to play a maternal role with her own mother. Emily begins to realize that a fresh start is more complicated than she first thought, though reaching the goals that she and her mother had set for themselves are not entirely out of reach.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- DVD Release Date: 03/05/2002
- Director(s): Russ Brandt, Brian J. De Palma
- Themes: Alcoholism,Starting Over,Mothers and Daughters
- Tone: Bittersweet,Compassionate,Poignant,Reflective
- Keywords: alcoholism, fulfillment, goal-setting, hope, maternal, singer
- Language: English