Plot & Details
Initially released to IMAX theaters at the crescendo of millennial fever and 60 years after the original Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 was meant to revitalize Walt Disney's goal of a constantly evolving film, with new segments replacing old ones with each re-release. Only The Sorcerer's Apprentice remains, with seven new shorts. Angular, abstracted butterfly-like shapes fly through the air in Beethoven's Symphony No. 5; computer-animated whales take flight in Respighi's Pines of Rome; Al Hirschfeld's caricatures of New York life come alive in George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue; Hans Christian Andersen's The Steadfast Tin Soldier is retold with computer animation against Dmitri Shostakovich's Piano Concerto No. 2, Allegro, Opus 102; frantic flamingos try to stop their yo-yoing comrade in Camille Saint-Saëns' Carnival of the Animals, Finale; Donald and Daisy Duck play Noah and his wife trying to manage the ark to Sir Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance; and the cycle of life, death, and rebirth are celebrated in Stravinsky's Firebird Suite.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Family
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2000
- DVD Release Date: 11/14/2000
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): James Algar, Paul Brizzi
- Starring: Steve Martin , Itzhak Perlman , Quincy Jones , Bette Midler , James Earl Jones
- Tone: Fanciful,Stylized,Whimsical,Flashy
- Country of Origin: USA (01-01-2000)
- Language: English