Plot & Details
In this emotional drama, a group of young professionals tries to get away from their problems, only to find that their friends create new annoyances. The marriage of Ellie (Jennifer Connelly) and Ryland (Jim True) has been strained by the recent death of their infant daughter. Hoping that some time away will ease Ellie's mind, Ryland organizes a weekend getaway in the nearby resort of Far Harbor, where they'll stay at a beach house with several friends, including Arabella (Marcia Gay Harden), Ellie's sister, and Frick (Edward Atterton), Ellie's ex-husband. Frick, a struggling filmmaker, hears a rumor that a yacht anchored off the beach belongs to David Speckman, a successful movie director; and the soothing weekend soon turns maddening, as he devises scheme after scheme to meet Speckman, oblivious that those around him have serious problems to deal with. Far Harbor marked the feature debut of writer/director John Huddles.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/19/1996
- DVD Release Date: 11/06/2007
- Director(s): John Huddles
- Starring: Jennifer Connelly , Edward Atterton , Jim True , Marcia Gay Harden , Dan Futterman
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Death of a Child
- Tone: Melancholy,Reflective,Talky
- Keywords: filmmaker, party